Road Trip Survival Quick Tips
This month is Road Trip Survival Month. The Donkey provides tips on how to survive a long car trip with your wife.
Sorry, Speed Dial
On a long trip, all your wife will want to do it blab blab blab. Why not turn that blabbing on to someone else? Your wife still gets a chance to share her thoughts, but you don’t have to be involved. The question is, “How do I convince my wife to talk to someone else?” Good question. Certainly your wife will be anxious to talk to you since you are now stuck in the car with her instead of being busy at work. I am prepared to provide a simple yet effective solution. This requires a cell phone and a quick hand.
- Get your cell phone before the trip and preset 5-10 of her family members’ and friends’ numbers in your speed dial
- Secure the phone in the car. Make sure it is close by so you can grab it without your wife noticing
- Slyly begin to call down the list of her friends and family.
- Wait until you hear someone pick up and then shout, “I think someone is on the phone?”
- Answer and tell the person you bumped their number by mistake, but state, “Why don’t you talk to my wife for a minute. We’re just on a road trip and have plenty of time.”
- Hand the phone to your wife
Obviously you will still hear your wife talking. If this is still too much, bring along your iPod, put the headphones on, and enjoy a few songs your wife don’t usually let you listen to. You can only get away with this a few times, so save it for emergency situations.